WE ARE HIRING!
Warehouse Stock Supervisor
This is an opportunity to become a key part of an established Garden Centre business in Standish with a fast growing ecommerce department as a warehouse stock supervisor, with a clear progression into warehouse management roles.
This diverse role will see the candidate organising stock storage in our onsite and off-site warehouse spaces, developing and implementing procedures to maximise stock turnover and stock accessibility throughout the year, and taking a leading role in our pick and pack processes during the peak of our online sales. Between the months of August and January, our warehouse springs into life dispatching hundreds of orders a day!
Our ideal candidate would have experience working in a busy retailer’s warehouse with the ambition and capability to take on more responsibilities to become a warehouse manager. Our rapidly growing online business will see their role develop into team leading and management. They will be enthusiastic about taking responsibility for the warehouse, its contents and its processes and wants to grow with the company.
The successful candidate will have,
- Warehousing experience.
- Experience of stock taking.
- Experience of working in a busy retail or warehouse environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and capable of organising a team.
- Have a full, clean UK driver’s licence.
- Have a FLT licence (training can be provided).
- A good working knowledge of warehouse stock control software and fully computer literate.
- This job requires manual tasks and heavy lifting.
What does the role entail?
The main duties are but not limited to,
- To develop systems and ensure the smooth operation of the onsite and offsite storage facilities of Central Lancashire's largest Garden Centre.
- To develop systems for the smooth operation of a click and collect service.
- To develop systems and liaise with Garden Centre departments to ensure maximum stock turnover is achieved
- To accept deliveries at onsite and offsite warehouses
- To despatch orders sold via e-commence
- Pick/pack operations for our ecommerce business.
- Overtime and shift work will be required at peak periods so flexibility is key. (Shift rota during peak online sales will include 6am-2.30pm and 9.30-6pm working hours.)
Hours and Pay
Usual working hours are 40hrs a week, 9am - 5.30pm, this will include working every alternate weekend with 1 week day off per week.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV's to email@example.com with the subject "Stock supervisor application" or hand in at the check out of our Wigan branch.